Two ways that can be used by virus distributor to distributed virus to your PC. They are through some media that used as support in our PC and through LAN or WAN network. Here some tips to ovoid virus manually:
- Turn off Java and Java script when you browsing in unknown site. To avoid the coming of program which contained virus to your pc automatically you should disable installation feature.
- It will be better if you cancel to open a file that you get as long as you don’t sure that your new file that you get trough email or messenger contained virus. You have to know who the sender was.
- Before you use USB, disc, DVD or the others you have to scan it firstly.
If your computer ever attacked by virus, there are steps to avoid damage in your data:
- Backup all of data and system this is to avoid losing your data when your PC attacked by virus for second time. If you use Windows XP and Windows mellinium you have to backup your PC twice. First by create restore point then click accessories, click system tool and than system restore. The second step is backup your data through Microsoft backup. The second way is carried out because data won’t be back up completely if you only use restore system. If you use win 98 you can carry out back up all of your folder using Microsoft backup
- This way is suggested to you that have understood deeply about windows. This way just used for executable data. First, you have to backup all of windows system. Then change data status become read only. To change this status you have to search data that can be executed. Select all of data and then right click on the properties menu, click read only on attribute then click on READ ONLY. By this way, virus won’t be able to edit your data because this data just can be red.